If there’s a hazardous tree on your property, it is very likely that the tree will fall down or that its branches will break off during a storm with very strong winds, like tornados, hurricanes, torrential rainfall, or thunderstorms. Most importantly though, fallen trees can pose a risk to you and your family, as well as, cause serious financial damage that can cost thousands of dollars. But, luckily for you, TPS (Trees Palms and Stump) Lopping company can help you prepare for the storm season, increasing the chances of your trees to survive, and reduce the damage risk.
How to Prepare for the Storm Season with TPS Lopping Company
First, let’s have a chat about this tree company. TPS Tree Services is a Capalaba based tree company which offers professional tree services in Brisbane and the Gold Coast. The tree services they offer include tree pruning, tree trimming, tree and stump removal, tree felling, etc. In other words, anything you can think of that includes tree care.
So, let’s see what TPS Lopping can do for you:
- Perform Strategic Tree Pruning
This is the key proactive step that the TPS tree company can perform before a storm season. It involves tree trimming and complete removal of certain branches and limbs if necessary. By doing so, the health and stability of the tree will improve significantly. And, performing strategic tree pruning and removing dead or damaged branches and limbs or the ones that are too close to your house can lower the risk of physical harm and property damage.
- Boost Tree and Soil Health
Namely, a healthy tree surrounded by healthy soil has greater chances to withstand a storm rather than an unhealthy one. But, how to tell whether your tree and soil are healthy or not? Here comes TPS Tree Company in hand. One professional tree service they offer is inspecting trees and their health which is the second proactive step they can perform. Tree loppers will check for tree diseases or invasive insects that can harm tree health. Also, they will examine the soil quality that can damage the trees root system and perform soil aeration if needed.
- Provide Cabling and Bracing Support
And, last but not least, the third proactive step that this tree company can take is to protect your vulnerable trees, like the young ones, by securing them with cabling and bracing. Thus, they’ll ensure that total tree loss won’t occur. Furthermore, cabling and bracing provide support and protection to the tree and reduce the risk of major cracks or splits, or even, being completely uprooted. And, providing support is crucial and essential in the case of historic or exotic trees, like palms.
Warning Signs that a Tree May Be Dangerous
You’ve learned what TPS Lopping Tree Company can do for you to prepare your trees for the storm season and prevent storm damage. So, let’s briefly go through the top four warning signs which may tell you that a tree is in danger of falling.
- A hole in the trunk – A trunk cavity can lead to decay inside the tree which can pose danger in case of a stormy weather if there isn’t enough sound wood around the hole.
- Missing bark – if your tree is missing part of its bark or has a gash in, it probably has a disease called canker which makes the tree more likely to break at that particular spot.
- Falling or dead branches – This is obviously a sign of danger and means that the tree is trying to have less to feed. And, dead branches can actually fall even on a calm day.
- Leaning trunk – A trunk that’s leaning over 15 degrees is usually a result of a strong wind or root damage and this tree has very high chances of falling down and needs to be removed.
Now that you know everything needed to prepare for the storm season, it’s time you contact the TPS Lopping tree company and actually take proactive steps to protect yourself and your family and property.